Would you prefer to buy the cheapest car insurance rates in Columbia, SC? Columbia buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Audi A8 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for your Audi and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Columbia agents.
It's smart to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best quotes on Audi A8 insurance in Columbia a couple years back you may be paying too much now. There are a lot of ways to save on A8 insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some guaranteed methods to stop overpaying for insurance in Columbia.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing rates to find out which insurance company has low cost Columbia auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Three good reasons to insure your Audi A8
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A8 in Columbia, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in serveral ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your A8 policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and term life insurance are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- More annual miles equals more premium - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your A8 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Never allow your car insurance to lapse - Driving without insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save - Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Your location is important - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large South Carolina cities have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Audi A8 insurance loss probability - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the loss history for Audi A8 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A8 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A8 4dr 4WD 289 108 261 Audi A8L 4dr 4WD 300 88 279 62
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before being credited.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Deterent Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, distant student, teen driver, switch companies, business and professional, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, teen driver discount, new move discount, safety features, and multi-car.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in every state. To view insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Columbia, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Columbia insurance agencies
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Columbia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Columbia that provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Columbia that can give you free price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Consultative Ins Grp Inc
776 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-6969 - View Map
- Sauls Insurance Agency
4064 W Beltline Blvd - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 256-8983 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Columbia that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Marion Hanna - State Farm Insurance Agent
1700 Decker Blvd d - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 782-1104 - View Map
- Veronica Isaac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1920 Bull St c - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 779-6650 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
504 Gervais St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 250-4930 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Columbia, get answers to these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Columbia?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
One last thing to lower rates
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Audi A8 insurance in Columbia can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Columbia agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.