No one looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in South Carolina being $1,430, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to compare other rate quotes. Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use this information to save money without having to cut coverage. Choosing the best rates in Rock Hill is actually quite simple. Drivers only have to learn the most effective way to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Don't overlook these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Good Student - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, theft prevention, driver training, good student, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, driver's education, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include good student, business or organization, multi-policy, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, renters, good student, Pac-12 alumni, and good driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, defensive driver, air bag, good student, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Rock Hill. To locate providers with significant discounts in South Carolina, follow this link.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate give prices online. Comparing prices online is fairly simple as you simply enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their system will order your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To save time and compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in South Carolina. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance quotes from local Rock Hill insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Rock Hill who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Rock Hill should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Rock Hill?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Rock Hill?
- Is the agent properly licensed in South Carolina?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If they are an independent agency in Rock Hill, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How long has the business existed?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that you can select. Rock Hill agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
You just learned many ideas to save on auto insurance in Rock Hill. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Rock Hill car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap auto insurance in Rock Hill can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Rock Hill, so you need to quote Rock Hill car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don't offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles: