How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Ford Focus insurance in Columbia? Saving money on Ford Focus insurance in Columbia is always a challenge for drivers new to online price comparisons. People have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a chore to find the lowest price on Ford Focus insurance.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Columbia can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons quite often since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Ford Focus insurance in Columbia two years ago you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Focus insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to find cheap auto insurance in Columbia.
There are several ways to get quotes from different companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Ford Focus rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in South Carolina. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$304||$328||$20||$98||$896||$75|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$610||$412||$24||$124||$1,420||$118|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$414||$348||$20||$104||$1,068||$89|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$520||$460||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$184||$434||$436||$26||$130||$1,210||$101|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$768||$520||$30||$156||$1,800||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower coverage rates significantly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Columbia
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Focus annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Protect your Focus and other assets
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Columbia, insuring your vehicle is required in South Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Focus has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in South Carolina is wasting up to $800 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
Verify you're getting every discount
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you're not getting every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Student in College - Older children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Columbia car insurance quote.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Ford Focus insurance in Columbia.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
To locate car insurance companies with significant discounts in Columbia, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Columbia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Columbia car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many companies do they write for?
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a company that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage. Just understand that consumers can cancel your coverage whenever you want so don't think that you are permanently stuck with your new company for a certain time period.
Shop around and save
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce Ford Focus insurance auto insurance rates online in Columbia. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, high prices or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective Ford Focus insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Columbia, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Columbia, SC? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)