Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Dodge Charger in South Carolina can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Dodge and locate the best price possible.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rate on Dodge Charger insurance in Columbia six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use online quotes to save on insurance.
Finding quotes for affordable coverage in Columbia is not as hard as you think. If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Vehicle owners just need to use the fastest way to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in South Carolina. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Charger in Columbia, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Charger are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
South Carolina drivers constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all convey the message about how much you will save if you move to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can give you a better price on Dodge Charger insurance in Columbia? Here is how they do it.
Many companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" receives the best auto insurance rates in Columbia and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who do not fit this stringent profile may be required to pay higher premium rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's why insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best rates.
This emphasizes why you should get Columbia auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It's just not possible to know which company will give you lower prices than your current company.
These discounts can slash Dodge Charger insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Columbia auto insurance online.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, multi-car, drive less, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, anti-theft, passive restraint, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Many people still prefer to have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Columbia.
By using this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a local Columbia insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are Columbia independent insurance agencies who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Giles Insurance Agency
2442 Devine St - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 728-3318 - View Map
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Affordable Insurance Group
6168 St Andrews Rd - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 798-4499 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Doug Kington
3201 N Beltline Blvd - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1178 - View Map
- Kalenia Frederick - State Farm Insurance Agent
4711 Forest Dr #4 - Columbia, SC 29206 - (803) 738-9418 - View Map
- Megan OConnell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2321 Main St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 254-7322 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How are they compensated?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Which is the best insurance?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last note
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Dodge Charger insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Charger rate quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
As you quote Columbia auto insurance, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in Columbia can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Columbia agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links: