Are you tired of scraping nickels together to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than many other South Carolina drivers.
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers in South Carolina kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save up to 47% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
It's a great practice to compare rates as often as possible because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Ford Escape insurance in Columbia a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the right way to get good coverage on Ford Escape insurance in Columbia at a lower rate.
If you are already insured, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Choosing the best rates in Columbia can initially seem challenging. Nevertheless, South Carolina consumers can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
Buy Columbia Ford Escape insurance online
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from many available auto insurance companies in South Carolina. The best method to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison.
It's so easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to go to insurance agents' offices. The ability to quote Ford Escape insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local agent. It is possible with some companies comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you're paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in South Carolina. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$110||$196||$278||$16||$84||$684||$57|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$160||$304||$328||$20||$98||$910||$76|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$226||$420||$350||$20||$106||$1,122||$94|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$284||$428||$296||$18||$88||$1,114||$93|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$226||$362||$272||$16||$82||$958||$80|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$226||$440||$272||$16||$82||$1,036||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Escape insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Ford Escape insurance discounts in Columbia
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every disount available very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paper-free Discount - Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Columbia Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide discounts include defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, driver training, seat belt use, daytime running lights, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, homeowners, good student, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, early bird, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Escape with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Columbia insurance agent
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Columbia that provide free Columbia auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. A good agent in Columbia will have answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which family members are covered?
- Where are claims handled?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Columbia.
Once you have received good responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurer that will service your policy.