Would you like an easy way to compare more competitive Kia Optima insurance in Columbia? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Kia Optima insurance in Columbia can dry up your monthly budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
A recent car insurance study revealed that almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Columbia can cut their rates by approximately 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every company to find the absolute best rates possible on Kia Optima insurance in Columbia.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Columbia can be easy if you know a few tricks. Drivers just have to learn the fastest way to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
How to get affordable Kia Optima insurance in Columbia, SC
Most of the larger companies allow you to get price estimates on their websites. Comparing prices online for Kia Optima insurance in Columbia is pretty easy because you just enter your required coverages into a form. Once entered, their system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote. Using the web to get price quotes for Kia Optima insurance in Columbia makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get a lower rate.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in South Carolina. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Columbia location which can influence price quotes substantially.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Score discounts on Columbia insurance
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Columbia car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total Optima insurance premium.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in South Carolina, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- How much liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Drive less and get lower rates - Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your auto insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Optima may be costing you.
- Single drivers take more risk - Your spouse helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually found on low performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Kia Optima is classified as a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Columbia.
- Bundle policies and save - Many companies will award a discount to insureds that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Minor frequent policy claims are not good - If you are a frequent claim filer, don't be surprised to see higher rates. Auto insurance companies in South Carolina provide discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Always keep your auto insurance in place - Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the South Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Kia Optima claim data - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Optima vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Columbia who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How are claims handled?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Columbia who can help you get price quotes for Kia Optima insurance in Columbia.
After receiving positive responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an provider that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in South Carolina?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Can you really save $389 a year?
South Carolina consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to convey the message that you'll save big just by moving your coverage.
How does each company charge you less for car insurance?
Most companies are able to cherry pick for a prospective insured that earns them the highest profit. One example of a profitable risk profile could be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and insures a new vehicle. A driver that matches those criteria will get very good Columbia premium rates as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who cannot meet this ideal profile must pay more expensive rates which results in the customer not purchasing. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. This emphasizes why you need to do a quote comparison often. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will be your best fit.
Quote more and you will save more
We covered a lot of information how to lower your Kia Optima insurance rates in Columbia. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Columbia car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper car insurance in Columbia is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below: