Want the cheapest Nissan Titan insurance in Columbia? Do you get frustrated by the crazy number of insurance choices available to you? Lot's of other people are too. You have so many options that it is a real challenge to lower your premium rates for Nissan Titan insurance in Columbia. Everyone knows that Columbia is a great city to live in, but the high premiums for insurance can make it hard for many drivers to be able to afford adequate coverage.
A recent study showed that over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. South Carolina drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices on a regular basis because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rates on Nissan Titan insurance in Columbia a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Quoting cheaper protection in Columbia is actually quite simple. Essentially every vehicle owner who needs more affordable insurance will be able to find better rates. But South Carolina car owners need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Columbia
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Drive lots and pay more - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Titan may be wasting your money.
Don't get traffic citations - A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one chargable violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Consolidate policies with the same company - Lots of insurers will award a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare other Columbia Titan insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
When should you file a policy claims? - Companies in South Carolina generally give the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Incidental coverages are wasting money - There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Does insurance coverage cost more for men? - Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
Lower rates for married couples - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on insurance. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Nissan Titan is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price than the average rate where you live in Columbia.
Nissan Titan historical loss data - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Titan Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD||95||127||120|
|Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD||95||137||109||77||99||108|
|Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD||117||111|
|Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD||106||107|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When looking for affordable Columbia auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from lots of South Carolina insurance companies. The simplest method to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Some companies don't provide online price quotes, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Columbia, SC. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$238||$440||$460||$28||$138||$1,304||$109|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$330||$546||$576||$34||$172||$1,658||$138|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$408||$352||$20||$106||$1,156||$96|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$286||$520||$358||$22||$108||$1,294||$108|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$274||$436||$26||$130||$1,044||$87|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$238||$412||$516||$30||$154||$1,350||$113|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$322||$612||$348||$20||$104||$1,406||$117|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$324||$718||$412||$24||$124||$1,602||$134|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$514||$436||$26||$130||$1,394||$116|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$142||$274||$320||$18||$96||$850||$71|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$330||$342||$20||$102||$978||$82|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$592||$554||$32||$166||$1,662||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can revise rates substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Nissan Titan insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Columbia, buying car insurance is mandatory in South Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In South Carolina these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Titan with a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Some companies don't always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Anti-theft System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Sign Online - A few larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on the web.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, driver's education, good driver, and multiple autos.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-policy, claim free, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, online shopper, homeowner, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, new graduate, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, teen driver, paperless, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies offering insurance discounts in South Carolina, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Columbia car insurance agents?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Columbia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Columbia who will give you quotes for your business. You won't need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Columbia agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Columbia that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Turbeville Insurance Agency
2718 Middleburg Dr - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-7666 - View Map
- Irmo Insurance Agency, Inc.
1345 Lake Murray Blvd - Irmo, SC 29063 - (803) 781-4700 - View Map
- Davis-Garvin Agency Inc
1 Fernandina Ct - Columbia, SC 29212 - (803) 732-0060 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia that can give you comparison quotes.
- Milton Wright - State Farm Insurance Agent
4015 Forest Dr #104 - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 782-6400 - View Map
- Larry Lucas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Gervais St a - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 799-1998 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance - Steven Price Agency
2759 Rosewood Dr - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 779-4060 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Columbia?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as cheap Titan insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can always terminate your policy at any time so never assume you are locked into any particular company with no way out.
Quote often and quote early
Low-cost Nissan Titan insurance in Columbia can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Columbia, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for Nissan Titan insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)